Pneumonia and Infectious Diseases
This pack comprises of presentations that enables General Practitioners to better understand Infectious Diseases, adult infections, imported diseases and associated vaccines. There are 6 lectures in this pack.
The course contains lectures on the following topics:
- Infection in the Immunocompromised Host – Sarah P Hammond MD
- Adult Immunization – Lindsey R Baden MD
- Pneumonia and Other Respiratory Tract Infections – Michael Klompas MD MPH
- Infectious Disease Take-Home Messages and Clinical Pearls – James H Maguire MD
- Infectious Disease Board Review – Todd B Ellerin MD
- Mechanical Ventilation Basics to Advanced Concepts – Kathleen J Haley MD
Once complete you will:
- Be able to define imported illnesses and review resources available in caring for a patient with a suspected imported illness.
- Understand what the six routine adult immunizations are and what are special and ultra special vaccines
- Diagnose MRSA infections and treatment options
- Understand the basics techniques for mechanical ventilation of a patient